wine estate in Langenlois with its winery building dating from the 16th century and the 700 year old natural cellar labyrinth ranks among the most impressive wine estates in Austria. The three brothers Edwin, Paul and Karl and Edwin's son, Alwin share the work in the vineyards which are located in the best appellations of the Kamp Valley
as well as the work in the cellar. Since 2009, the grapes for the family owned vineyards have been processed in a certified organic way. Jurtschitsch has committed themselves (since the 1970s) to leaving their vineyards as natural as possible. Planting vines densely, meticulous foliage work and crop reducing measures are the key pre-requisits of winemaking. Meanwhile the estate has been converted to controlled organic methods. The reward of this elaborate work is a healthy agricultural ecosystem and living soil yielding superb crops and a fascinating biodiversity. The cold of the Kamp Valley promotes intense fruity flavours combined with spicy freshness. Each individual vintage reflects the variety of the soils and the micro-climatic conditions - typical for each varietal. 75% of the vineyards are planted to white grapes, each varietal grows on typical soil. It is a family tradition to plant red grapes on the remaining 25%. The loess and weathered primary rock soils of the Kamptal offer the ideal geological preconditions for the region’s most characteristic wine, the Grüner Veltliner. Traditional vinification: Picked by hand the grapes are carefully put into stackable crates and are taken to the press house without receiving any damage. The berries are de-stemmed and then gently pressed. The fermentation in stainless steel tanks promotes the freshness and fruitiness of the Veltliner classic. 100% Gruner Veltliner
Jurtschitsch Gruner Veltliner Loss Kamptal is pale straw in colour, fresh clean nose. On the palate the wine displays a crisp fruitiness and a hint of pepper spice. Clean long finish. Will age but best enjoyed whilst young and fresh.
Food & Wine match:
A great match for poultry, both the white and dark meat, as well as grilled, roasted or fried, fish.