Glen Grant The Major's Reserve
is a premium Speyside Single Malt
Scotch Whisky made by Glen Grant. Glen Grant was established in 1840, when two brothers, John and James Grant applied for a distilling license. Glen Grant, located at Rothes, is ideally situated with the sea and port of Garmouth, the River Spey and the barley-growing plains all nearby. All the ingredients needed to make whisky are right at hand. In 1872 James "The Major" Grant inherited the business and name Glen Grant from his uncle John Grant, he proved to be a worth, if colourful, successor. He was a legendary socialiser, an innovator (Glen Grant was the first distillery to have electric light) and the first man in the Highlands to own a motor car. He also introduced the long, tall, slender stills and purifiers which create the fresh malty flavour that defines Glen Grant to this day. In 1972 Glenlivet and Glen Grant merged to become Glenlivet Distillers Ltd and, more recently, in 2006, Glen Grant
was acquired by Grupo Campari. Glen Grant remains a light, yet complex spirit, in part due to the stills and purifiers introduced introduced by The Major in the 19th Century. Glen Grant is one of the top 10 single malt blends in the world. Made under the watchful eye of distillery manager Dennis Malcolm and inspired by James "The Major" Grant, this easy drinking single malt is the most fresh and light of the Glen Grant Whisky
range. Creamy and fruity on the palate it has a slightly dry, nutty finish. Matured in bourbon casks. No age statement but approximately 7 year sold.
Glen Grant The Major's Reserve Speyside Single Malt Whisky has a ligth golden colour. The nose is soft and slightly dry with delicate fruity, peach stone, pear and apple notes. The palate is fresh, creamy (custard and vanilla) and fruity with subtle wood. The finish is slightly dry and nutty. Rich and smooth with a hint of spice.
“Balance and quality nothing short of superb.” Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2008