was founded in 1870 when Don Maximiano Errazuriz planted his first vineyards at Panquehue in the Aconcagua Valley - 100km North of the capital. Today, the tradition of quality lives on with Don Maximiano's descendant Eduardo Chadwick. Eduardo is the fifth generation of his family to be involved in the wine business. Errazuriz's philosophy is best expressed by Don Maximiano who said, "From the best land, the best wine." Viņa Errazuriz believe in the concept of 'terroir' and strive to produce the finest wines by controlling every stage of the winemaking process, from grape growing in the Aconcagua, Casablanca and Curico valleys, to winemaking with the most natural techniques. The vineyards of La Escultura Estate in the Casablanca Valley
enjoy a cool ripening period thanks to the moderating effect of breezes from the Pacific Ocean, just 25 miles away. The Single Vineyard Gewurztraminer
is hand-harvested and the grape clusters went directly to the press without destemming, producing a free run juice for its subsequent fermentation in stainless steel tanks. The wine was aged 80% on the lees in stainless steel tanks for four months to enhance the distinctive fruit characters and to build texture and mouth-feel. The remaining 20% was aged in French oak barrels with one previous use that were subjected to weekly stirring.
Errazuriz Single Vineyard Gewurztraminer is light greenish-yellow in colour and has great aromatic intensity with a predominance of floral notes such as lavender along with sweet aromas of honey and fruit. Pleasing acidity provides just the right amount of freshness and combines with the flavours of honey that reappear on the palate. Medium volume with a light, fresh sweetness that extends to the end of the pleasing finish.
Food & Wine match:
Try with fish / shellfish. It is particularly good with oriental, spicy and Thai dishes.