Borgo dei Trulli Ficheto Bianco Puglia IGP

Borgo dei Trulli Ficheto Bianco Puglia IGP

£11.95 / bottle
£136.23 / case (12+ bottles, 5% off)

Additional information

Bottle Sizes
Origin ,
Main Grapes
Other Grapes ,
Vintages
Website Masseria Borgo dei Trulli

Description

Borgo dei Trulli Ficheto is a white wine from Puglia. It is a fresh and vibrant blend of equal parts Fiano, Malvasia and Sauvignon Blanc.

Masseria Borgo dei Trulli, to give it its full name, is a new wine venture made by Orion Wines, a company created to bring together interesting wines from small growers and wineries from all over Italy. The company was created by Luca Pomaro and winemaker Alessandro Michelon with the premise of producing wines from indigenous grapes that express the typicity of the particular region where they are grown. The Masseria Borgo dei Trulli estate is located in the heart of Salento and is owned and managed by Orion wines with Alessandro Michelon as head winemaker. Around 80% of wine produced at the estate is red wine produced from Negroamaro and Primitivo with some white wine, including Vermentino.

The grapes for Borgo dei Trulli Ficheto are sourced from carefully selected low-yielding vineyards located on Masseria Borgo dei Trulli estate, in the commune of Sava, in the province of Taranto, southern Puglia. The vineyards lie in a particular area called “Pasano”, approximately 6 km from the winery. The vines are trained in the Guyot system. Plant density is around 4500 plants per hectare with an average yield of 2-2.5 kg per plant. The plants are an average of 15 to 25 years old.

The grapes for the Borgo dei Trulli Vermentino are harvested by hand in late August / early September. The grapes are destemmed, they are not pressed, but are allowed to macerate on the skins for 12 hours at 10C to increase extraction of the delicate aromas. After this period of maceration the grapes are then gently pressed and approximately 60% of the clarified must is placed in stainless steel fermentation tanks. Fermentation is carried out using selected yeasts at a controlled temperature of 16°C and lasts approximately 10 days. The remaining 40% is placed in new French barriques along with selected yeasts, for barrel fermentation. It will then remain in the barriques for an extra 5 months on its lees to extract maximum aromas.

Masseria Borgo dei Trulli is named after the traditional Apulian dry stone huts with a conical roof. These are known as a “trullo” or “trulli” in the plural and feature in the brand logo.

Tasting Notes

Borgo dei Trulli Ficheto is pale yellow in colour, the wine displays aromas of rich tropical fruit with a hint of vanilla. On the palate it is subtle and soft, with an elegant and complex citrus acidity and a long and lingering finish

Serve With

Perfect as an aperitif on its own or excellent to accompany pasta dishes with shellfish or grilled white meats.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Borgo dei Trulli Ficheto Bianco Puglia IGP”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

four × one =

Related Products...

INFORMATION LINKS
FOLLOW
INTOUCH
Address: 55 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7BG | UK VAT No. 544 2912 49 | Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) Unique Registration Number (URN) XVAW00000101036 | EORI No: GB544291249000 | Copyright © 2022 Fareham Wine Cellar All rights reserved
  • We will use the data you submit to fulfil your request. Privacy Policy.