Borgo dei Trulli Primitivo di Manduria DOP

Borgo dei Trulli Primitivo di Manduria DOP

£10.95 / bottle
£124.83 / case (12+ bottles, 5% off)

Additional information

Bottle Sizes
Main Grapes
Origin ,
Vintages
Website Orion Wines

Description

Borgo dei Trulli Primitivo di Manduria is a red wine made from grapes sourced from the Communes of Avetrana and Manduria, in the Province of Taranto, southern Puglia.

Masseria Borgo dei Trulli, to give it its full name, is a new wine venture made by Orion Wines, a company created to bring together interesting wines from small growers and wineries from all over Italy. The company was created by Luca Pomaro and winemaker Alessandro Michelon with the premise of producing wines from indigenous grapes that express the typicity of the particular region where they are grown. The Masseria Borgo dei Trulli estate is located in the heart of Salento and is owned and managed by Orion wines with Alessandro Michelon as head winemaker. Around 80% of wine produced at the estate is red wine produced from Negroamaro and Primitivo with some white wine, including Vermentino.

The grapes for the Borgo dei Trulli Primitivo di Manduria are destemmed. The grapes are not crushed allowing them to remain intact, reducing damage to the skins and optimizing colour extraction. Fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 23-25°C for 8-10 days. The wine undergoes frequent remontage and delestage are carried out during the fermentation in order to extract, but soften the tannins. After racking, malolactic fermentation (MLF) is induced. After MLF the wine is racked and 40% is placed in first passage French and American oak barriques for a maturation period of 8 months. The remaining 60% is placed in stainless steel containers until the final bottling is assembled.

Masseria Borgo dei Trulli is named after the traditional Apulian dry stone huts with a conical roof. These are known as a “trullo” or “trulli” in the plural and feature in the brand logo.

Serve With

Perfect with grilled red meat and savoury first courses.

Tasting Notes

Borgo dei Trulli Primitivo di Manduria displays a deep violet colour, with pleasant earthy aromas of blackcurrants, vanilla and chocolate. The palate is velvety, elegant and complex. The finish is extremely well-balanced and persistent.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Borgo dei Trulli Primitivo di Manduria DOP”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

19 + 9 =

Related Products...

INFORMATION LINKS
FOLLOW
INTOUCH
Address: 55 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7BG | UK VAT No. 544 2912 49 | Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) Unique Registration Number (URN) XVAW00000101036 | EORI No: GB544291249000 | Copyright © 2021 Fareham Wine Cellar All rights reserved
  • We will use the data you submit to fulfil your request. Privacy Policy.