Da Vinci Vin Santo Bianco dell’Empolese DOC 50cl 16.5%

£26.95 / bottle
£307.23 / case (12+ bottles, 5% off)

Additional information

Origin ,
Main Grapes
Other Grapes
Vintages
Bottle Sizes
Website https://enotecadivinci.it/

Description

Da Vinci Vin Santo Bianco dell’Empolese is a sweet Italian dessert wine. It is a Vin Santo made purely from white grapes, in this case 100% Trebbiano. It is produced by Cantine Leonardo Da Vinci.

Cantine Leonardo Da Vinci is a co-operative of like-minded Italian growers with the mission of enhancing the history and the winemaking excellence of each territory, through a modern combination of oenological projects, culture and food and wine. 

The grapes for this Vin Santo come from vineyards located within the small, hilly area in the municipality of Cerreto Guidi, near the town of Empoli, and a limited number of surrounding municipalities. As a in Santo Bianco dell’Empolese DOC the wine must be have a minimum ABV of of 11% and be composed of at least 80% Trebbiano with the remaining 20% composed of local white grape varieties. The wine must also be aged for at least 3 years before sale.

The grapes for the Da Vinci Vin Santo Bianco dell’Empolese are harvested by hand, placed in small containers and dried on straw mats in well ventilated and dry rooms, until the February following the harvest. The dried grapes are pressed and vinified in the traditional way. The resulting must is racked into small oak barrels known as ‘caratelli’, where it remains for four years, fermenting slowly. The barrels are stored in a cellar subject to extreme temperature changes, adding complexity and acidity to the final wine.

Tasting Notes

Da Vinci Vin Santo dell’Empolese is a full, sweet dessert wine from Italy, aromatic with dried fruit and nuts, the palate a honeyed concoction of figs, almonds and honey.

Food Pairing

Try with cakes and pastries, pecan pie, walnut tart, nutty desserts and mature hard cheeses like Parmesan. Also great for dipping your biscotti or cantucci biscuits into at the end if a meal.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Da Vinci Vin Santo Bianco dell’Empolese DOC 50cl 16.5%”

Your email address will not be published.

19 − 17 =

Related Products...

INFORMATION LINKS
FOLLOW
INTOUCH
Address: 55 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7BG | UK VAT No. 544 2912 49 | Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) Unique Registration Number (URN) XVAW00000101036 | EORI No: GB544291249000 | Copyright © 2022 Fareham Wine Cellar All rights reserved
  • We will use the data you submit to fulfil your request. Privacy Policy.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.