Fleur du Cap Chardonnay, Western Cape

Unfortunately this item is no longer available, however there are similar products listed below which you might find equally enjoyable.

Additional information

Bottle Sizes
Main Grapes
Origin ,
Website Fleur du Cap Wines


Fleur du Cap Chardonnay is a barrel-fermented Chardonnay made with grapes sourced from the Western Cape wine growing region of South Africa.

The Fleur du Cap brand is owned by Distell and was first launched in 1968, shortly after the opening of Die Bergkelder, the famous mountain cellar which cuts deep into the Papegaaiberg in Stellenbosch. Built by Dr. Anton Rupert, it was the first underground bottle maturation cellar of its kind in the southern hemisphere.

The wines are crafted from the pick of the crop in the finest vineyard sites selected for their diverse terroir and micro-climates. These are located in the Stellenbosch, Somerset West, Franschoek, Darling, Elgin and Robertson areas.  All of the vineyards are are situated within the Cape Floristic Region, the smallest, yet richest of only six such floral kingdoms in the world.

Fleur du Cap Chardonnay is made Die Bergkelder. After harvest the juice was clarified and inoculated with pure yeast. For 20% of the wine, fermentation started in tank and was completed in French (80%) and American (20%) oak barrels. The remaining 80% fermented in tanks on French (50%) and American (50%) oak staves. Both these portions were kept in contact with the wood for 4 months with regular lees stirring to enhance mouthfeel and ensure a rich full wine.


Serve With

Fleur de Cap Chardonnay is good with shellfish such as mussels and oysters. It also stands up well to creamy curries, rich chicken or pork dishes.

Tasting Notes

Fleur du Cap Chardonnay is a straw yellow colour. The nose has delicate lime aromas, citrus and hints of spice and oak. A medium bodied wine with a good array of fruit, a pinch of wood and a captivating long finish.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Fleur du Cap Chardonnay, Western Cape”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Products...

Address: 55 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7BG | UK VAT No. 544 2912 49 | Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) Unique Registration Number (URN) XVAW00000101036 | EORI No: GB544291249000 | Copyright © 2024 Fareham Wine Cellar All rights reserved