The Grahams Vintage Port Bond allows one to buy a case of Vintage Port in the year it is harvested rather than having to wait approximately another 18 months before the Vintage Port is bottled, shipped and available in the UK. This makes the Grahams Vintage Port Bond 2019 an ideal gift or Christening present for anyone born in 2019, a wedding present to anyone getting married in 2019 or simply a way of marking a significant year or anniversary.
There is also a 1 x 75 cl Single Bottle bottle Grahams Vintage Port Bond 2019 available here.
The Grahams Vintage Port Bond 2019 entitles the holder to 1 case (1 x 6 75cl bottles) Grahams Vintage Port from the harvest of the year the bond is purchased, in this case 2019.
Please note, that if a main vintage is not declared in that year, 2 cases (2 x 6 75cl bottles) Grahams Quinta dos Malvedos Vintage Port will be provided instead.
In the unusual occurrence that no vintage Port is made at all in a given year then a full refund will be guaranteed or an alternative vintage year will be offered.
The buyer receives a Grahams Vintage Port Bond 2019 on purchase and will be provided with a high quality presentation bond certificate with personalised calligraphy that can be presented to the recipient on the occasion being celebrated. The certificate will arrive 1st class delivery within 4-5 working days of the purchase.
The Port will be delivered approximately two years after the August/September harvest. Graham’s will be in contact to arrange delivery at this time.
At time of purchase Fareham Wine Cellar will make contact to take the following details recipient (or legal guardian if recipient under 18 years old), type of occasion and delivery address required to produce the bespoke bond.
Each year’s offering will run until Jan 31st the following year to allow for late purchases, e.g. the 2019 Vintage Port Bond will be available to order 1st Jan 2019 – 31st Jan 2020.
The Grahams Vintage Port Bond 2019 Price includes:
1 case of Graham’s Vintage Port
VAT and Duty
Delivery to a UK address
Beautifully presented and personalised Certificate in wax sealed envelope
Bespoke service, informing customer when their Port is ready for delivery
Grahams Vintage Port Bond Terms and Conditions
1. This bond entitles the holder to 1 x Case (6 x 75cl bottles) of Graham’s Vintage Port in a ‘Declared Year’ or 2 x Cases (6 x 75cl bottles) of Graham’s Quinta dos Malvedos Single Quinta Vintage Port in a ‘Non Declared’ Year (For full definition of Vintage Ports see ‘Vintage Port Definition’ below).
2. If, in the very unlikely event that no Graham’s Vintage Port is produced in the year for which you have purchased your bond, then the recipient of the bond will be offered a case of Graham’s Vintage Port from an alternative year. If the recipient of the bond does not wish to receive a case of Graham’s Vintage Port from an alternative year then purchase price of the bond will be refunded in full to the recipient of the bond, or their legal guardian if they are under 18 years of age.
3. This bond may be purchased by any adult aged 18 years and over. However, if the recipient of this bond is a minor they are not legally allowed to consume the Port against which this bond is redeemed until they are aged 18 years of age or over.
4. This Bond may only be exchanged for the case of Graham’s Vintage Port for which it was purchased, and cannot be exchanged for the monetary value of the purchase, or any other product. No negotiation may be entered into with the retailer, John E Fells & Sons Ltd (The UK Distributor of Graham’s), or Symington Family Estates (Owner and producer of Graham’s Ports).
5. The purchase price of the Grahams Vintage Port Bond includes UK Duty, VAT and delivery to any address in the UK. Deliveries to addresses outside of the UK may incur a surcharge. At the time when the Port is ready for collection, the purchaser of the bond will be contacted (using the details submitted at the time of purchase) to arrange delivery.
6. Like all investments the price of Vintage Port can fluctuate and the price paid for your Case of Vintage Port may differ those offered by merchants at the time of release;
7. The purchase of this bond is a contract between the Bond Purchaser and the Retailer
Vintage Port Definition
The Vintage Port that you have acquired with this bond was (or will be) harvested in the autumn of that year. Thereafter it will spend approximately 18 months maturing in seasoned oak barrels before it is carefully selected from only the very best barrels and bottled. Once bottled, it will be available for shipment to the UK approximately 2 years after the harvest.
General Vintages are declared approximately three or four times each decade, when there are prefect growing conditions across the Douro Valley and in the Graham’s vineyards. If a ‘General Vintage’ is declared at the time when your Port is bottled, your bond will be exchanged for 1 x wooden case of 6 x 75cl bottles of Graham’s Vintage Port. In years when a ‘General Vintage’ is not declared, the finest wines from the finest properties are almost always declared as ‘Single Quinta’ or ‘Single Estate’ Vintage Ports. If this type of Vintage is declared your bond will be exchanged for 2 x wooden cases (containing 6 x 75cl bottles) of Graham’s Quinta dos Malvedos Single Quinta Vintage Port.
Please note that only a relatively small amount of Vintage Port is produced in any given year, and that the total production is unlikely to increase significantly from year to year. The Vintage Port you have purchased is therefore valuable and may increase in value, providing it is stored under the right conditions.