The Grahams Vintage Port Bond allows one to buy a case of Vintage Port in the year it is harvested rather than having to wait approximately 18 months before the Vintage Port is bottled, shipped and available in the UK. This makes it an ideal gift to a child in the year of their birth, or to a couple in the year of their marriage.
The Grahams Vintage Port Bond entitles the holder to 1 case (1 x 6 bottles) Grahams Vintage Port from the harvest of the year the bond is purchased or, if a main vintage is not declared in that year, 2 cases (2 x 6 bottles) Grahams Quinta dos Malvedos Vintage Port. In the unusual occurence that no vintage Port is made at all in a given year then a full refund will be guaranteed or an alternative year offered.
One can purchase the Graham’s Vintage Port Bond for the current year i.e. 2016 vintage in 2016, 2017 vintage in 2017 etc. etc.
The Grahams Vintage Port Bond can then be redeemed when the Port is available in the UK, which as mentioned above, is usually around 18 months after the harvest of that particular year.
The buyer receives a Grahams Vintage Port Bond on purchase and will be provided with a high quality presentation bond certificate with personalised calligraphy that can be presented to the recipient on the occasion being celebrated.
1 case of Graham’s Vintage Port
VAT and Duty
Delivery to a UK address
Beautifully presented and personalised Certificate in wax sealed envelope
Bespoke service, informing customer when their Port is ready for delivery
Read more here.
1. This bond entitles the holder to 1 x Case (6 x 75cl bottles) of Graham’s Vintage Port in a ‘Declared Year’ or 2 x Cases (6 x 75cl bottles) of Graham’s Quinta dos Malvedos Single Quinta Vintage Port in a ‘Non Declared’ Year (For full definition of Vintage Ports see ‘Vintage Port Definition’ below).
2. If, in the very unlikely event that no Graham’s Vintage Port is produced in the year for which you have purchased your bond, then the recipient of the bond will be offered a case of Graham’s Vintage Port from an alternative year. If the recipient of the bond does not wish to receive a case of Graham’s Vintage Port from an alternative year then purchase price of the bond will be refunded in full to the recipient of the bond, or their legal guardian if they are under 18 years of age.
3. This bond may be purchased by any adult aged 18 years and over. However, if the recipient of this bond is a minor they are not legally allowed to consume the Port against which this bond is redeemed until they are aged 18 years of age or over.
4. This Bond may only be exchanged for the case of Graham’s Vintage Port* for which it was purchased, and cannot be exchanged for the monetary value of the purchase, or any other product. No negotiation may be entered into with the retailer, John E Fells & Sons Ltd (The UK Distributor of Graham’s), or Symington Family Estates (Owner and producer of Graham’s Ports).
5. The purchase price of the Grahams Vintage Port Bond includes UK Duty, VAT and delivery to any address in the UK. Deliveries to addresses outside of the UK may incur a surcharge. At the time when the Port is ready for collection, the purchaser of the bond will be contacted (using the details submitted at the time of purchase) to arrange delivery.
6. Like all investments the price of Vintage Port can fluctuate and the price paid for your Case of Vintage Port* may differ those offered by merchants at the time of release;
7. The purchase of this bond is a contract between the Bond Purchaser and the Retailer
The Vintage Port that you have acquired with this bond was (or will be) harvested in the autumn of that year. Thereafter it will spend approximately 18 months maturing in seasoned oak barrels before it is carefully selected from only the very best barrels and bottled. Once bottled, it will be available for shipment to the UK approximately 2 years after the harvest.
General Vintages are declared approximately three or four times each decade, when there are prefect growing conditions across the Douro Valley and in the Graham’s vineyards. If a ‘General Vintage’ is declared at the time when your Port is bottled, your bond will be exchanged for 1 x wooden case of 6 x 75cl bottles of Graham’s Vintage Port. In years when a ‘General Vintage’ is not declared, the finest wines from the finest properties are almost always declared as ‘Single Quinta’ or ‘Single Estate’ Vintage Ports. If this type of Vintage is declared your bond will be exchanged for 2 x wooden cases (containing 6 x 75cl bottles) of Graham’s Quinta dos Malvedos Single Quinta Vintage Port.
Please note that only a relatively small amount of Vintage Port is produced in any given year, and that the total production is unlikely to increase significantly from year to year. The Vintage Port you have purchased is therefore valuable and may increase in value, providing it is stored under the right conditions.