Henry Fessy Regnie Chateau de Reyssiers

Henry Fessy Regnie Chateau de Reyssiers

Unfortunately this item is no longer available, however there are similar products listed below which you might find equally enjoyable.

Additional information

Bottle Sizes
Main Grapes
Organic Status
Origin , ,
Vintages

Description

Henry Fessy Regnie Chateau de Reyssiers is a single vineyard cru Beaujolais.
Henry Fessy is located in the heart of the Beaujolais region and their winery is located in the shadow of Mont Brouilly. They are somewhat of a Beaujolais Cru specialist and have vineyards in 9 out of the 10 Cru appellations. The Fessy family moved from the Loire region to Beaujolais in the late 19th Century and began growing grapes. The company itself was founded in 1888 and went on to become grower, negociant and winemaker. After many years in family hands, in 2008 the Fessy family sold the estate to one of Maison Louis Latour, one of the largest, and still family-owned, producers of Burgundy. Latour made significant investments in the domaine, winery and facilities and, with the appointment of director and winemaker Laurent Chevalier in 2009, the company has prospered.
Regnie is the most recently recognised of the 10 Beaujolais Cru and was elevated to Cru status in 1988. It is known for producing relative light-bodied, yet fragrant and structured wines . It is located in the north of the region and the vineyards are located to the east of the village of Beaujeu, the historic capital of Beaujolais.
Chateau des Reyssiers is a 14 hectare vineyard and is situated in the Régnié appellation at the bottom of the Brouilly hill. The origins of the Chateau date back to 1706 and it had been in Malachard family for several generations before it was acquired by Henry Fessy. There are records of wine making at the Chateau dating back over 300 years. The combination of the bedrock, slope, exposure and quality of the soil (light granitic soils, with lots of sand) create a promising terroir for the Gamay grape. The average vine age is 40 years old.
The grapes for the Henry Fessy Regnie Chateau de Reyssiers are harvested by hand. The wine undergoes non-carbonic vinification, in open vats using only selected grapes. Around 20% of the Gamay grapes are put into the fermentation tanks as whole bunches with the remaining 80% destemmed. Fermentation takes place at between 27 and 29 degrees Celsius with one or two pump overs each day. After fermentation the free run juice is drawn off and the grapes are transferred to the press. The first press juices are combined with the free run juice. The wine is then aged and racked occasionally.  It is bottled unfined (or using Bentonite) with a light filtration and a small amount of added sulphur to protect the wine.
Fessy practices sustainable environmental management with intervention only taking place when it is necessary and beneficial. This philosophy allows them to produce characterful wines which express a true sense of place and origin.

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Henry Fessy Regnie Chateau de Reyssiers”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

4 × five =

Related Products...

INFORMATION LINKS
FOLLOW
INTOUCH
Address: 55 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7BG | UK VAT No. 544 2912 49 | Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) Unique Registration Number (URN) XVAW00000101036 | EORI No: GB544291249000 | Copyright © 2021 Fareham Wine Cellar All rights reserved
  • We will use the data you submit to fulfil your request. Privacy Policy.