Lapostolle Grand Selection Cabernet Sauvignon

Unfortunately this item is no longer available, however there are similar products listed below which you might find equally enjoyable.

Additional information

Bottle Sizes
Main Grapes
Origin ,
Other Grapes , ,
Vintages

Description

Lapostolle Grand Selection Cabernet Sauvignon, is a red wine made by Lapostolle from grapes grown in the Rapel valley. It is their entry point Cabernet Sauvignon. Lapostolle was founded by Alexandra Marnier Lapostolle and her husband Cyril de Bournet in 1994. The Marnier Lapostolle family, founders and owners of the world-renowned liqueur Grand Marnier, is famous for producing spirits and liqueurs, but the family has also been involved in winemaking for generations. In creating Lapostolle, the family has pursued the same uncompromising approach to quality that made Grand Marnier a global success. Its objective is as simple as it is ambitious: to create world-class wines using French expertise and the superb terroirs of Chile Today, Lapostolle owns 370 hectares in three different vineyards and produce a total of 200,000 cases spread over Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Carmenère, and Syrah. Lapostolle winery is located in the town of Cunaco, right next to Santa Cruz. It is the original winery, where Lapostolle was founded in 1994 and today it is here where both the Casa and Cuvée Alexandre wines are produced.

Lapostolle Grand Selection Cabernet Sauvignon is actually a a blend of around 85% Cabernet Sauvignon, normally with some Syrah and sometimes a little bit of Petit Verdot and /or Cabernet Franc. All the grapes were gently macerated up to 4 weeks to extract structure, aroma and colour. During maceration, the fermentation lasted about 2 weeks in stainless steel tanks, utilizing native yeast. After fermentation 95% of the wine was aged in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 5% was aged in French oak barrels (second, third and fourth use).

Reviews

There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “Lapostolle Grand Selection Cabernet Sauvignon”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Products...

INFORMATION LINKS
FOLLOW
INTOUCH
Address: 55 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7BG | UK VAT No. 544 2912 49 | Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) Unique Registration Number (URN) XVAW00000101036 | EORI No: GB544291249000 | Copyright © 2024 Fareham Wine Cellar All rights reserved