M. Chapoutier Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne

£68.50 / bottle

6 in stock

Additional information

Origin , ,
Main Grapes
Bottle Sizes
Organic Status , , ,


M. Chapoutier Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne is a red wine from the Rhone. The name, “Monier de la Sizeranne” comes from the name of an important Tain l’Hermitage family. This family also owned the “La Sizeranne” vineyard. The bottle label displays a lion, which is the Sizeranne family crest.

Maison Chapoutier has grown into one of the largest and most recognisable producers of Rhone wines. The company dates back to 1808 when Michel Chapoutier’s distant ancester Polydor Chapoutier bought a parcel of vines in the Rhone Valley. Today the Chapoutier has vineyard throughout the Rhone from Côte Rôtie in the north to Luberon in the south as well as having overseas projecs like Domaine Tournon in Victoria, Australia. Michel is committed to making the best wines whilst respecting the environment. Chapoutier now owns the largest biodynamic vineyard in Europe. It is his personal conviction that “the complexity in a wine comes from the level of microbiological activity around the vine roots”. Soils on the Chapoutier estate never see pesticides or herbicides, floral growth amongst the vines is essential, and the natural cycles of earth, sun and moon are also considered.

The grapes for M. Chapoutier Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne come from a selection of different soils from West to East: “Les Bessards”: from a granitic origin, it constitutes the “soul” of a good Hermitage. “Le Méal”: old alluvial terraces, with a lot of gravels and shingles more or less calcareous. “Les Greffieux”: silty soil with shingles. After harvest the grapes are destemmed and the wine is vinified traditionally with punching down and pumping over taking place in concrete tanks. The wine is aged for around 12 months, 85% of which takes place in concrete tanks to preserve the freshness and minerality of the fruit. The remaining 15% is aged in barrel which gives the wine consistency and power, along with aromatic complexity. 100%Syrah.

This wine is made from organically grown grapes. The exclusion of all chemical products (in particular herbicides), and the ploughing of the vineyards, enables the vine to plunge its root system deep down into the heart of the soil. Deeper root systems make the vine’s physiological behaviour more even, and provide better resistance to sudden changes in temperature.

Suitable for vegetarians and vegans., this wine is also organic and biodynamic.

Food Pairing

Great with venison fillet in a red wine sauce.


There are no reviews yet.

Be the first to review “M. Chapoutier Hermitage Monier de la Sizeranne”

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Products...

Address: 55 High Street, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 7BG | UK VAT No. 544 2912 49 | Alcohol Wholesaler Registration Scheme (AWRS) Unique Registration Number (URN) XVAW00000101036 | EORI No: GB544291249000 | Copyright © 2024 Fareham Wine Cellar All rights reserved