Seresin Sauvignon Blanc is blended from 18 different parcels of Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc from two different vineyard sites across the estate and a small amount of Semillon (not an uncommon practice for Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc). The name Seresin might be familiar to you if you have an interest in the film world. Michael Seresin is a world-famous cinematographer most famous for his collaborations with Alan Parker on such films as Bugsy Malone, Angel Heart, Birdy and Midnight Express. He founded Seresin Estate in 1992 and, with their first vintage in 1996, they are celebrating 20 vintages in 2016.
The Sauvignon Blanc grapes for this wine are certified organic and come from the estate’s two biodynamic vineyards. 40% of the fruit comes from the Raupo Creek vineyard with its rich, clay-ey soils. The remaining 60% comes from the upper terraces of the Noa vineyard with Waimakiriri soils of alluvial origin. The grapes are hand-harvested and whole bunch pressed. Fermentation is with natural yeasts and 15% is barrel fermented in French oak barrels. The 2016 blend is 95% Sauvignon Blanc with 5% Semillon. The barrel fermentation and judicious use of Semillon produce a complex, textured and well-structured wine.
Seresin Sauvignon Blanc is certified organic and biodynamically grown. It is also suitable for vegetarians and vegans. No dairy products or eggs are used during production.