Sonnhof Jurtschitsch Gruner Veltliner Trocken is a light, fruity and fresh Austrian white wine.
The Jurtschitsch wine estate in Langenlois with its winery building dating from the 16th century and the 700 year old natural cellar labyrinth ranks among the most impressive wine estates in Austria. Jurtschitsch has committed themselves (since the 1970s) to leaving their vineyards as natural as possible. Planting vines densely, meticulous foliage work and crop reducing measures are the key pre-requisits of winemaking. Meanwhile the estate has been converted to controlled organic methods. The reward of this elaborate work is a healthy agricultural ecosystem and living soil yielding superb crops and a fascinating biodiversity.
The cold of the Kamp Valley promotes intense fruity flavours combined with spicy freshness. Each individual vintage reflects the variety of the soils and the micro-climatic conditions – typical for each varietal. 75% of the vineyards are planted to white grapes, each varietal grows on typical soil. It is a family tradition to plant red grapes on the remaining 25%.
Sonnhof Jurtschitsch Gruner Veltliner Trocken is 100% Gruner Veltliner.